Endless Summer Cocktail
Our family congregates every year for America's birthday at our lake houses in Vermont. The day starts off with the most adorable local parade, followed by a big pot-luck on the terrace under what feels like a double fireworks display because of the clear reflections sparkling on the lake. This year I am making my new favorite summer cocktail with strawberries, cucumber, tequila and mint. Feel free to substitute vodka for the tequila if that's your preference.
This is perfect for cooling you down on a hot summer's evening. Hope you enjoy!
Happy 4th of July!
CUCUMBER STRAWBERRY COOLER
- 2 1/2 ounces silver tequila (can sub vodka)
- 3/4 ounce elderflower liqueur
- the fresh juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 2 ripe strawberries, finely chopped
- 3 cucumber slices, finely chopped
- 5 mint leaves
- In a metal bowl, smash the diced strawberries and diced cucumber together with the head of a whisk- you may need to splash it with a touch of tequila to turn it into more of a muddled mixture. Add the strawberry and cucumber mixture into a cocktail shaker. Add all remaining ingredients to the shaker and shake vigorously with a cup of ice for 10 seconds.
- Strain into a glass with 2/3 ice and serve immediately garnished with mint.
(Makes 1 cocktail)