Haverhill Leach, Inc., - an emerging luxury jewelry manufacturer located in Warren, Rhode Island - has an exciting opportunity for a Production Manager.
If you have prior experience in the fine jewelry industry, a background in people or project management, a passion for organizational excellence and a desire to take your career to the next level - keep reading!
At Haverhill Leach you will work and thrive in an energizing work environment. You will become an integral part of Haverhill Leach Inc.’s vibrant team and discover the right fit for you. Haverhill Leach is a small, rapidly growing company seeking new team members who want to be part of an exciting opportunity.
You will work on projects that you’ll love, with people that you’ll enjoy - in an open and fun environment. We are a cohesive organization with strong camaraderie as we work hard and laugh at the same time. Interested?
Read below for additional information about this job:
- Maintain and execute production schedule to ensure prompt fulfillment of orders; serve as direct supervisor for all production team members
- Oversee inventory to ensure all necessary fine jewelry components are on hand, organized, and meticulously tracked; collaborate with Production Development & Procurement Manager to establish and communicate predictable inventory ordering points
- Manage and improve Quality Control processes to ensure each and every piece that leaves the production floor meets or exceeds Haverhill brand standards
- Collaborate with eCommerce, Marketing, and Product Development teams to understand and meet production goals; communicate, coordinate and troubleshoot new product launches with the production team
- Utilize industry knowledge and expertise to support organizational development and excellence; make recommendations for production positions to add to the team as we grow, training and skill development needed, policies to adopt, and systems to improve with a constant eye toward quality and efficiency
Examples of Daily Work:
- Create and communicate production team member’s schedules 4-6 weeks in advance; monitor performance with an eye toward defining and upholding standards for quality and output; adjust workflows to account for team member absences as needed
- Facilitate regular meetings with Chain, Gemstone, Bench Jeweler, and Polishing Department leads to communicate new product strategy, create and monitor training plans to build team member skills, and refine quality control processes
- Supervise daily process of reviewing sales work orders, determining what stock products need to be prepared in advance, assigning work orders to team members, tracking work orders to completion, and obtaining necessary components from inventory to complete work orders
- Analyze sales history and forecast data to ensure appropriate inventory levels and labor availability; coordinate component ordering with Product Development & Procurement Manager and hiring needs with HR Manager.
- Serve as hiring manager for all Production Team positions; make recommendations for new positions to add as production goals continue to increase year of year
- Complete or delegate to approved personnel to ensure completion of daily, weekly, and monthly inventory cycle counts; report any discrepancies to management immediately
- Trustworthiness and reliability: you are critical to ensuring the success of our production team to fulfill work orders within the promised time frame to our customers, ensure our jewelers have all the resources and skills they need, and closely track valuable inventory as it moves through the production cycle. You can be counted on to be here and to do your work consistently with the highest ethical standards.
- Strategic growth mindset: be ready to participate in iterative processes to optimize the efficiency of our production floor. We have lofty goals for the organization’s growth and the tenacity as a team to reach them; you will be ready to both jump in and support the current operations of the production floor while simultaneously planning for what team members and systems we will need next. You have an eye for quality and process improvement and the confidence to make bold decisions.
- High volume, high efficiency: we work to impress & delight our customers with our speed - you will be ready to process a high volume of work (especially during busy seasons)
- Adaptability and problem solving: You are always ready to take advantage of unexpected opportunities and address obstacles. You look for the root of both simple and complex problems, so you can seek solutions. You approach work with a spirit of “yes” and adapt as things change, which they often do.
- 5+ years experience working in a fine jewelry setting - such as production management, production planning, inventory control or management, retail /wholesale with a solid understanding of the production process can all be considered
- High School Diploma / GED required; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience strongly preferred
- Solid leadership and management skills, prior experience in Project Management or in a Supervisory role strongly considered
- Exceptional math and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency with Google Suite, Quickbooks, databases and spreadsheets and ability to assess manufacturing software and make a recommendation for future implementation
Compensation & Schedule
This position is full time, salary exempt position with an anticipated 45-50 hours per week regularly scheduled on site, with up to an hour of breaks during the day. Production hours typically occur Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM - 4:30 PM; the Production Manager must be available to work on site for the majority of the operating hours.
During our busy seasons (February, April/ May, November/December) the Production Manager will regularly be expected to work days up to 12 hours as well as Saturdays and Sundays, based on volume of sales, to meet the promised 1-2 day turnaround time.
Haverhill offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health benefits (medical, dental, vision) and paid time off (holiday, vacation, sick).
This position is budgeted at or above $80,000/year, offer will be commensurate with candidate’s background and experience.