Haverhill Leach, Inc., an emerging luxury jewelry manufacturer located in Warren, Rhode Island is looking for a Fine Jewelry Setter to produce precious jewelry with intermediate to advanced degree of complexity, using materials and instructions supplied by Haverhill to meet quality standards within prescribed production times.
What is it like to work at Haverhill?
Haverhill Leach, Inc. is a small, rapidly growing fine jewelry company in Warren, Rhode Island seeking new team members who want to be part of an exciting opportunity. We are a cohesive organization with strong camaraderie as we work hard in an open and fast paced environment. Become a part of Haverhill Leach Inc.’s vibrant team, discover the right fit for you, and grow with us. Work on projects that you’ll love with a great team of coworkers. Interested? Read below for additional information about this job:
- Perform duties associated with the manufacture of rings and other precious jewelry, primarily working on different types of stone setting techniques using diamonds and colored precious stones.
- Perform setting process; deliver clean work in a timely manner, in keeping with the department's efficiencies.
- Work safely at all times by consistently following HAVERHILL safe work procedures: wear safety glasses; utilize Plexiglas shield when setting, grinding, or sharpening tools and proper procedure when handling chemicals when boiling out work. Promptly report all incidents and safety issues to your supervisor/manager.
- Maintain HAVERHILL's workspace following their housekeeping programs.
- Perform other duties as may be required, like cast cleaning.
- Must demonstrate the skill to set diamonds and colored precious stones according to HAVERHILL's quality standards, including, but not limited to, setting pieces evenly on the plane (in cases of multiple stones); taking proper care as not to damage stones.
- 2+ years experience in Pave, prong setting, and burnishing.
- Experience in the following areas: 14K Gold, color stones, and fancy cut shaped stones.
- Clear understanding of following tools: burrs, gravers, burnishers, and other jewelry-related tools.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- A High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
- Flexibility to work overtime, including nights and weekends, as required.
- Detail-oriented, with a keen eye for aesthetic quality.
- Flexible and adaptable - very important in this rapidly evolving company.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Strong problem solving skills and resolutions.
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
At Haverhill Leach, Inc., our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.